Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Play Date with Cathy & Tim

Getting to hangout with other photographers is an absolutely rewarding experience! Tim and Cathy were constantly examining viewpoints and perspectives that I never even thought of. Many areas that I've passed right by without giving them a second look. They arrived early one morning in Port Townsend, cameras in hand, and they took me for a scenic tour of our little town.



This beautiful ivy laced building houses our local weekly newspaper, The Leader. We spent several minutes shuffling around, bending, stooping, craning ... all trying to get a unique perspective. With the way we were carrying on, we looked like papparazzi going after Brad Pitt in a tutu!



The autumn foliage was in it's full glory! I, fortunately, was carrying my 70-200mm lens which allowed for some spectacular bokeh in the higher branches of the trees.



I've always been drawn to reflections, whether it's in the water or a window, there always seems to be photographs within photographs. We walked the docks down at the marina and found many interesting subjects.





Although our natural wildlife seemed to be hiding during their visit, we still enjoyed the walk down the Larry Scott Trail. Both Cathy and Tim tormented me about the "so called eagles and deer" that I promised them. Fortunately, at the very end of their visit, we spotted a few deer lounging in a neighbor's yard. Next time they come over we plan to hike on Hurricane Ridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment