Thursday, March 28, 2013

Perks of Photo Playdates



A perfect spring day in Port Townsend!  I headed down to Chetzemoka Park and met photographer Linda Krysinski for a casual photo "playdate".  We usually pick a theme to focus on ... from depth-of-field, unique perspective or maybe just all black-and-white. Regardless of theme, what seems to provide me with the most opportunity for personal growth lies in seeing through the other photographer's eyes.


By myself and I may only notice the rim lighting in the trees or the shadow play on the grass ... while exploring captures with another photographer I force myself to pay attention to their primary subjects and choice of composition.  Linda, for example, gets mesmerized by interesting cloud formations when she's not searching for beach life or birds.










At the end of the day, it's fun to browse through the other photographer's finished images http://aviewfromthelaundrypile.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/stuff-i-saw-today/ and be amazed by what they saw that I completely missed. After each photo playdate I notice I've push myself to improve my techniques and ability to capture my surroundings in a unique and interesting manner that's outside my usual routine. 


1 comment:

  1. Love, love, LOVE these, Crystal! All of 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete