Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Studio Space

Steve and I were driving through downtown Port Townsend when we passed by a "free" sign above an assortment of studio gear. Naturally, we had to stop to see what goodies someone was throwing out. Alas, there was several large rolls of colored paper for backdrops (like butcher paper - 12' across). Can you believe it? We shoved four rolls into the GTI (out the sunroof) and made way for the hangar. It was Steve's idea that I could share some of his "man space" and have a makeshift photography studio.

Having backdrops is great, however, I needed lights too. So we picked up a few cheap Home Depot "job lights" and I worked with those a few times. Steve scoured through Craig's list and was able to get a great deal on some professional studio lighting that had hardly been used ... wahoo! That put me in business! With several lights, reflectors, and a soft box ... all I have to do is push the plane out of the hangar to have a real space with 100% controlled lighting. Very cool!





No comments:

Post a Comment