Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July


Happy 4th of July!

I spent a relatively quiet 4th of July with my daughter, grandchildren and good friend, Stephanie, while Steve pulled 48-hour duty putting out fires ... I guess they went on something like 20 calls! Needless to say, he slept for 12 hours straight after he came home.

This was the first year that I missed the pancake breakfast at the Bothell Fire Station in seven or eight years? There are some things I really miss about living on the other side of the water ... hanging out at the station, going on calls, and taking pictures at the big events are just a few of them. I'm still adapting to the big move.

However, I will admit that the fireworks on this side of the water only lasted three hours, didn't shake the house, and did not start two weeks ago. That is a definite plus! Our poor old dog had a half-pint of beer and slept peacefully through the night.

Ayana has learned the proverbial say "cheese" every time the camera is pointed at her! Such personality and charm ... the girls are growing up so fast. Next year I expect we'll be writing names in sparkler trails ... pretty awesome being a grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment